Tuesday 22 January 2019

Flight to Sky-Blu

There has been quite a lot happen since my last post and I am now at Halley, but on the way to from Rothera I have not had any access to the internet, so this is the first of my catch up posts.

The flight to Sky-Blu started with reasonable views






But the weather was quite murky when land at Fossil Bluff to re-fuel.




The poor weather didn't dent Geoff and Marks excitement.





The views stayed poor until we reached Sky-Blu blue ice area where BAS has a field hub, and we planned to spend a few days.


Here is where I slept. A very cosy tent for four.


More on Sky-Blu in  the next post.....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you can have any colour as long as it's red. Poor old penguin's not getting much coverage, much more photogenic than hairy chaps!

    ReplyDelete